Recently I chatted to Liz and Kate, makers of the Mom Deconstructed Podcast series, also mothers and sisters-in-law. They are down to earth, funny, honest and into opening up important conversations about the realities of motherhood. Kate even shares a moment and we look at it from a self-inquiry perspective.
- When do we intervene as parents vs. letting children be independent.
- The struggle is worth it when your children are small, rather than when they’re teenagers.
- The value of being consistent-ish.
- My wish list of what I knew at the beginning of my parenting journey.
- Practicing self-inquiry as a mother.
- Setting and keeping our intentions.
- The importance of stopping and breathing.
- Our children can be our allies.
- Importance of creativity in my life.
They even made mom quotes with images of flowers and tea for me…
…and while our mothering days don’t look like this in reality we get the gist — motherhood is connection, tantrums, inner storms, trying to stay steady, and sometimes the joys of clean clothes and freshly washed hair.